It’s Valentine’s Day looming and you’re thinking hard to find something special for your someone special…How about these sensuously rich Red Velvet Cupcakes? A little passion in a cupcake…made by your own fair hands!
RED VELVET CUPCAKES WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Makes 12 frosted cupcakes
60g / 2½ oz soft butter
1 large free range egg
150g / 4½ oz caster sugar
10g / ½ oz cocoa
3 tsp red food colouring
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
120ml / 4 ½ fl oz buttermilk
30ml / 1 fl oz vegetable oil
150g / 5½ oz plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
300g icing sugar, sifted
50g butter at room temperature
125g cream cheese, chilled
Extra toppings – fresh raspberries or strawberries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pans with cupcake papers.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder
- Add the oil, buttermilk, egg, food colouring, vinegar, and vanilla gently beat together with a handheld electric mixer until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Divide the mix into the cupcake tins. Bake in oven for about 20-22 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a large bowl gently beat together with a handheld electric mixer the cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until smooth. Add the sugar on low speed, beat until incorporated. Increase the speed to high and mix until very light and fluffy.
- spoon the frosting onto of the cup cake and spread to the edges and make a swirl patron into the middle
Garnish with fresh raspberry or strawberry.
ENJOY...With Love From Cooks & Partners!